Wednesday 21 November 2012

Winner!!

I did it! I 'won' NaNoWriMo! I have broken the fifty-thousand word barrier! This is me right now!

See - total likeness

I feel great, I topped the 50k word count, and guess what? Found that the story is nowhere near finished yet.

I know how you feel, Captain

BUT it's ok; you know why? Because I've written those 50,000 words in just twenty days. That's right, 20. Count 'em. So, in my estimation, there's probably a good 30-40k more to go until I have gotten through the majority of the story and can safely write "The End". That's ok - I have another ten days to go! I can also console myself that, I KNOW that I can keep writing a minimum of 2,000 words a day; hell just today I've written 2.5k, and I know I have another few hundred, possibly thousand, in me for later this evening. So, you know what, unfinished story?

Yeah! Leonidus-ed

So, whilst I may have "finished" NaNoWriMo, I'm not going to kick-back and end my story early, making it (even more) sub-par (than it already is). No, I'm going to keep on hacking away at this granite block until I find myself looking at a (extremely roughly hewn) copy of Michalangelo's David. In book format. Obviously. So, I'll leave you until the end of November, this'll be me-

http://gifguppy.com/movies/brucealmighty/typing.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment